Urgent Care, Flu Shots and Vaccinations
Urgent Doc has an array of immunizations and vaccinations to keep you up-to-date. We can take care of your needs 7 days a week without seeing a provider. Just drop in to get your shots up-to-date.
Immunizations and vaccinations:
- Annual Flu shot (Influenza A and B)
- Tetanus adults
- Tetanus for children older than 12
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Tuberculosis skin testing
There are a few precautions to receiving the flu shot:
Questions answered yes to the following, could be an exclusion to receiving a Flu shot. Please contact us or your private doctor to clarify.
- Are you allergic to chicken, chicken eggs, chicken feathers, or chicken dander?
- Are you allergic to any component of the vaccine including thimerosal (a mercury derivative), or thimerosal-containing products (certain eye contact lens solutions contain this preservative)?
- Have you ever had a severe adverse reaction to a flu shot?
- Do you have an acute febrile (fever) illness today?
- Have you had Guillain-Barre Syndrome within 6 weeks after a previous flu vaccination?
- Do you have an active neurological disorder?
- Do you have thrombocytopenia or any blood disorder that would prohibit a shot in your muscle?